Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material is rendering different in two different views but its the same material

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
daniel.pering
1042 Views, 6 Replies

material is rendering different in two different views but its the same material

I am having trouble with rendering on the cloud. I have succesfully rendered several views, then moved around to the other side of the building and now some of the materials are showing up completety different. Does anyone have anythoughts why this happening? 

Nothing is different, its the same wall types,same material from the material editor, same view, I dont know why revit would change the rendering appearance when nothing has changed...

Has anyone else encountered this before?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for using cloud rendering. Could you share me the project file to let me check it? 

How to share files through Autodes 360:

1. uploade file to here : http://360.autodesk.com/

2. go to its document detail page and share it with me (yuejuan.dong@autodesk.com)

3. modify the access to download

Any problem please let me know.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 3 of 7

Not sure how to upload file, I am just able to upload one view and render it, not share it with somebody.

At this point I am able to get the right rendering from my desktop, and when i render the model when its a linked file inside another revit file.

The only time it doesnt render correctly is when its on the CLOUD from the original model.

Message 4 of 7
hutchij
in reply to: daniel.pering

Daniel, 

Can you attach a screenshot to show the problem? 

John

Message 5 of 7
daniel.pering
in reply to: hutchij

The first picture is when i render on the cloud straight from the revit file...there are two different brick colors and the steel has a new darker texture.

The second picture is when I rendered it as a linked file, so not im not in the actual model. This same outcome happens when I render right of my desktop, NOT on the cloud.

If youll notice the main differences the steel columns and beams are more white, and the brick is a uniform color on the base.

Ive gone thru all the possible scenarios looking into the visibility graphics, rendering settings, etc, I cant figure out what the anomalies are. it just seems to be something on the cloud. How can it work sometimes and not other times!?

Daniel

Message 6 of 7

turns out a another model that was linked in there was interfering with several of my materials, and that was the difference b/w the two renderings..

seems so simple now. 

Message 7 of 7
hutchij
in reply to: daniel.pering

Glad it's resolved. Nice entry BTW. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report