AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Map 3D command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lindaveit
991 Views, 3 Replies

Unregistered Map 3D command

I'm creating a new design using a gas template.  When I click the Industry Model option on the Configuration tab in the ribbon, I get an 'unregistered Map 3D command' error on the command line.  I get the same error for most of the options on the Configuration tab. 

I've tried using the IM_Gas template shipped with the product as well as a gas template I created using the Infrastructure Administrator.  I get the same behavior with both templates.

I have no trouble running these commands when I use an electric template.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.w
in reply to: lindaveit

If running an AUD command results in the unknown command error, it is an indication that the underlying AUD modules have not been loaded. This is likely the case for the Gas templates due to missing AUD data model modules. This can be checked in the Map Infrastructure Administrator tool and viewing the currently selected data models. Be sure to use the copy of the tool installed with AUD, not the copy installed with Map, since the AUD installation will include the additional AUD modules.

Message 3 of 4
mfernandes
in reply to: dave.w

Would you mind elaborating ….please and thanks

Map Infrastructure Administrator tool ? I am using 2015 with win8.1 where is this command.

And once I get this tool running, what next

Message 4 of 4
dave.w
in reply to: mfernandes

The administrator tool is a separate executable application which is optionally installed with AUD and Map 3D. Once installed you should see a shortcut to it in the Autodesk Start menu. When performing the main installation you should also see options for installing this additional application which can be used to setup custom industry model databases and perform other advanced, low level modifications of the underlying embedded industry model schema.

Please note that AUD requires a certain schema to work correctly and that it is possible to modify the industry model in ways that may not be fully supported or create incompatibilities with AUD functionality. It is recommended that you use the AUD Industry Model Configuration, Domain Editor, Table Editor and other functions within AUD for the most common types of schema customizations (custom attributes, domains, lookup tables, etc.).

Creating a complete new custom AUD industry model database in the administrator tool will require inclusion of key AUD data models as well as other setup and unfortunately a full description of that process is a bit beyond the scope of this posting.

Hoever, here are some additional links which may be useful for working with the administrator tool:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/how-to-install-infrastructure-administrator-for...

http://topobaseinsiders.typepad.com/the_topobase_insiders/2012/12/autocad-map-3d-industry-models-in-...

http://docs.autodesk.com/AIMS/2014/ENU/files/GUID-322F55A9-32AA-4760-970B-7AF72BDD1611.htm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.