AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Call

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
RichardChappell
2494 Views, 13 Replies

Roll Call

How about users identifying themselves so we kknow about the community we're in? I'm Rick Chappell, from APS (Arizona Public Service) in Phoenix, AZ. We've just completed a pilot designed for underground residential. With the success we are getting ready to expand it for full underground development.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pearcerf
in reply to: RichardChappell

Hello Richard,
My name is Ray Pearce with Municipal Light & Power in Anchorage, Alaska. We've been using AUD for two years now.
Message 3 of 14

Hi, Ray.
How many designers do you have using AUD? Have you been able to show a high ROI on you implementation?
Message 4 of 14
josephpa

Paul Joseph. Southern California Edison. We've been using the AUD product in residential tract design for 10+ years. We are currently expanding use to all distribution and (sub)transmission planning.
Message 5 of 14

Hi Richard,
My name is Terry Schumacher, I work for the City of Redding, Ca. municipal electric utility.
We have been using this product since 1996, WAY before it was an Autodesk product.
We use this product for all types of Work Orders.
Message 6 of 14

Hello Richard. I'm Chris O'Neill - Puget Sound Energy, WA. We are new to AUD and have just finished our underground electric plat design system. Eventually we'll try to expand to overhead and gas as well.
Message 7 of 14
rrebich

Ross Rebich, Idaho Power Co, Boise ID. We've been using AUD for over 10 years. We currently have 103 users who use AUD for all of their overhead and underground distribution design work.
Message 8 of 14
jpab

Hello Richard,
My name is Jim Bower and I work for Connexus Energy in Minnesota, I am a past user of AUD when it was the Utility Design System (at Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative) My company is currently using Mirco Station which I hate and probably going to move to G-Electric, although I am trying to convince my boss to give AUD a try. Some of you may remember me from when I worked at Spatial Network Solutions 🙂
Message 9 of 14
pfr8es

Hello Richard,
My name is Peter Frates and I work for the City of Healdsbrug, CA. I have been using AUD since 1995 and use it for all projects.
Message 10 of 14

Hello Jim,

Good to see that you still keep tabs on the AUD world. Sorry to hear of your troubles with Microstation and hope you get to reclaim your status as the premier AUD'r.

Cheers,

Spatial Net Brek
Message 11 of 14
kellyj994
in reply to: spatialnetbrek

Hi,
I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Message 12 of 14
jpab
in reply to: kellyj994

Hello Kelly,

welcome to the AUD forum, do you work for a utility?

Jim Bower

Spatial Network Solutions

Message 13 of 14
recksieck

Hi,

Charlie Recksieck here - San Diego 3rd party developer specializing in AUD and AutoCAD Map solutions.  I was doing Autodesk's custom configurations when I was with them 2000-2002 and with Gentry Systems when AUD was UDS last millenium.

Now I work with various utilities & am always up for talking AUD, Map, or interface, design, tools or material ordering ideas.  As far as I'm concerned, it always helps to have more people to talk to or available to help.

info@plannedscape.net

858-337-2211

http://www.plannedscape.net/aud.html

Message 14 of 14
kbaird

Kim Baird, Idaho Power Company.  We have been using AUD since 1996 (UDS back then) we are using AUD 2009 and I have begun evaluating AUD 2012...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.