AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage of OH vs. UG design work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1105 Views, 1 Reply

Percentage of OH vs. UG design work

Hi all -

As this group begins to grow, I'd like to ask a general question on usage of AUD and/or other design products - can you estimate the ratio of OH vs. UG design for new construction? Also, do you have UG conversion programs in place? If so, who pays for the work, and is there any need to capture the percentages of utility/customer responsibility during design?

Thanks for any input, Rob

Robert Laudati
Sr. Product Manager, Utility Design
Autodesk, Inc.
7935 E Prentice Ave. Suite 400
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
(303) 888-2983 Mobile
(303) 256-5936 Direct
(303) 256-5950 Fax
robert.laudati@autodesk.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can tell you for New Revenue Capital work orders. This it’s the area that we are focused on deploying first.

For 2007 - 31% of our work orders were in OH GL accounts and 63% were UG GL accounts. For Specific cost of dollars invested for this work orders - 13% of the $$ were OH and 86% of the $$ were UG. From that, I infer that 70-80% of our design effort for New Revenue Capital Work is focused on UG facilities.

Our customer pay for new construction work so we have a need to be able to separate/distinguish between work that a customer is responsible for vs. work we choose to do a system planning or improvement in conjunction with new Revenue work.

Richard L. Hammitt
APS - Business Technology Supervisor
PO Box 53933, MS 3291
Office: 602-371-5097
Cell: 602-509-8389
Email: Richard.Hammitt@APS.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.