AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing symbol size

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
donald.e.clark
1380 Views, 3 Replies

changing symbol size

I have found out how to change my pole symbol to custom blocks but the size of the original block to not being used by AUD.

I want to say there is a way to specify the size of the symbol.  From what I know about AUD, the Display Manager is used to change the look of data after it is brought in.  I am wanting to setup how things will look before I start drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Solved it.

Now my issue is: I want a replacement pole symbol when an install and removal pole are within 7.5ft of each other.

Message 3 of 4
jpab
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Hello Donald,

I am not sure you can do that with the out of the box AUD, but you can write a pole insertion routine that could check to see if there is another pole within the distance you require and then it would insert the replacement pole symbol either instead of both symbols or just the retirement symbol.

I dont think the routine would be that hard to write, you should be able to use any .Net language.  You could probably insert the .Net code into the validation portion of the poles logic as well, but only if you just changed the status of the pole object and didn't try to delete it, which you could do on the insertion routine.

Jim

Message 4 of 4

I'll figure it out on my own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.