AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual 3d Cable

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kulfi
624 Views, 1 Reply

Actual 3d Cable

when i am using "Draw Underground" Primary cable why it does not ask for the shape of the cable and the elevation of the cable like for Example i have a 33KVA round shape cable how will i draw this cable.

thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpab
in reply to: kulfi

Hello Kulfi,

i don't know if AUD knows if the cable is round or not, but to tell you the truth i have never seen an electric cable or wire that wasn't round. as far as the eveleation you can set that manually by changing the Z value, but i dont know if AUD has a setting for elevation of underground cables (at least i haven't seen one) if there was a setting i would think it would have to be in the industry model on every cable as you could have different depth\elevation for each type (secondary, 200 amp primary and  600 amp feeder) of cable because at least here in the US they have different required minimum depths.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.