AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong surface bars placement

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
00alberto
1121 Views, 8 Replies

Wrong surface bars placement

Hi,

I have a problem with surface bars in the reinforcement module, which makes me crazy...:smileyvery-happy: although it is the very basic of the software!!!

I opened a new reinforcement project using a standard template, and i made a simple rectangular reinforced plate region (points 1,2,3,4 in the attachment), with bottom bar for both X and Y directions. Since the bars are all placed at the bottom, the hooks should be turned upward (for X) and leftward (for Y)... instead, they are just the opposite... how can i turn the bars up, and left?

second problem... when i tried the create section command, the results are wrong... in the section AA (horizontal)  the X bar is placed ouside the plate, while the Y is right.... the opposite happens in the BB section (vertical), so that even if i change the cover, i cannot have the two section look correct at the same time.... the only way seems to manually move the bars! And move again, every time you have to modify them, otherwise they will go back to the wrong positions so quickly.

where am i wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
abbakeer
in reply to: 00alberto

Hi,

You can use AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010. This version (2010) has not this mistake (error).

Autodesk to solve this issue in ASD2012, I hope through hotfix or service pack as soon as possible.

Regards,

Abbakeer 

Message 3 of 9

hi Abbaker ....

yes, I think it's time to solve these problems......after all we would like to use Detailing ...only ...to design reinforcement.
In this forum you can find errors reported by myself and others many times and, some of that errors, occur starting from the 2009 version.
Unfortunately, I think, I can add other serious errors in the positioning of the reinforcement.
If , for example, you define a surface reinforcement distribuition with a diagonal and draw the diagonal from the lower left to upper right corner the command works fine but ...If you draw the diagonal from top right to bottom left corner Detailing defines it as  top reinforcement but actually it is a bottom reiforcement. Viceversa the bottom reinforcement are treated  as top reinforcement

Please watch the video!

thanks

Message 4 of 9

hi Abbaker

just to add to all other serious errors reported by you and others something new.

Watch the video

Message 5 of 9

Diagonal (defines a rectangular region by determining its diagonal)

Command line:

First corner Second corner

Distribution direction

Select / 2Points

where:

first, second corner – defines the opposite apexes of a rectangle defining the contour

select – indicates the contour side determining distribution direction

2Points – indicates 2 points that determine distribution direction

Please note that in your first video, you can control the bars direction as you want, simply difine the distribution direction. It does not matter if you draw diagonal from (up-right) to (down-left) or not. Remeber this tip, it is the same section view direction.

When I ask to go for ASD2010, I mean that because of the wrong bar postion in sections.

Regards,

Abbakeer

Message 6 of 9
00alberto
in reply to: abbakeer

At first I also thought the diagonal direction counts, but after viewing the video of abbaker i changed my mind...

Look at the pictures: in yellow i put the diagonal direction (up right to down left or opposite) and in red the distribution direction side. Changing the distribution direction side will change the orientation of the bars. 

Changing the direction of the diagonal will change the DEFAULT distribution direction, so maybe you have to select another side to get the desired result...

For me, as long as the bars are on the bottom, the first line of each picture is wrong... bottom bar hooks should go upward or leftward. So one has to be careful to select the upper or right distribution direction side. And the selection process is not so immediate.

And the section problem still remains for the X bars... all of them are off  the plate, no matter the diagonal or distribution direction...

i will try to use the 2010 version (old versions are better??)

Message 7 of 9
abbakeer
in reply to: 00alberto

Hi Alberto

Yes you are right,

as per this ; Diagonal (defines a rectangular region by determining its diagonal)

Command line:

First corner Second corner

Distribution direction

Select / 2Points

where:

first, second corner – defines the opposite apexes of a rectangle defining the contour

select – indicates the contour side determining distribution direction

2Points – indicates 2 points that determine distribution direction

If you use ASD2010, you will not face the problem of wrong bar placement in sections, you will get the correct cover and the proper location of bars in sections.

Regards,

Abbakeer

Message 8 of 9

Hi alberto
unfortunately I cannot agree. The two bars in the picture are the identical ?.

Cattura.PNGI

I do not think so

The left  one was created with a bottom left - top right diagonal,  the right one viceversa.

For both default direction was used. (I start from assumption that if the software gives me the opportunity to use the default direction I can use it)
Both are bottom reiforcement but have a different representation in plan. This creates confusion ....after all the drawings end up in a construction site !.

The only thing they share is the wrong position in the section.

The idea of ​​using the 2010 version instead of the long waited 2012 version does not seem to me a great result. However, even the versions 2009, 2010, 2011 have a serious problem in the reinforcement placement. (see
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Structural-Detailing/Wrong-reinforcement-placement/td-p/304725...).

I think it is urgent to have a fix for these problems.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9

i agree, maybe i was not clear in my previous post...

the first picture is wrong, the second is good.

for the first one, you selected the BOTTOM direction side (the default one, if you start from bottom left corner): not good.

for the second one, you selected the UPPER  direction side (the default one, start from upper right corner): good.

so if you start the diagonal from the bottom left corner, unfortunatly you have to change the distribution side... the default one is not good (i agree with you on that... why do they give us a default direction not good? maybe there's someone who likes the first picture more than the second one...?)

let's hope they will fix the section problem soon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips