AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Compatibility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Kyle.Pelton
7807 Views, 6 Replies

Workspace Compatibility

I just installed 2012 Structural Detailing through our Building Design Suite.  Fire it up and as I tried to change the workspace to any of the different workspaces (ASD Steel, ASD Steel Classic, etc.), I get an error:

"Selected WorkSpace is not compatible to the currently edited task.  The system will restore the workspace selected in preferences."

...and then switches back.

I've checked the discussion groups and Knowledge Base and have not found anything.

-Kyle

PS:Win 7 Pro (x64) SP1

8GB RAM, 2.70GHz

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rtwagner
in reply to: Kyle.Pelton

I have the same issue.

Message 3 of 7
Kyle.Pelton

I received a response from Autodesk on this subject earlier this week.

"After starting ASD using its shortcut you can select which ASD to work with using the ASD - Start tab as shown on the attached picture.  After selecting the 'right' ASD the appropriate workspace will be loaded automatically. The steel workspace is not compatible with e.g. ASD Reinforcement which is the reason the warning you mentioned is displayed and the selection of ASD is to be done in the way described above rather than by selection of another workspace."

Hope that helps anyone in the same boat.  It was our first time with the software, so it may of been obvious to others.

-Kyle Pelton

Wolf Construction

Message 4 of 7
chuckross7548

Hmmmm....I deleted the shortcut immediately after install. (I prefer a clean desktop.) - I don't have the ASD Start tab....

What to do now?

Message 5 of 7

Ahhh, I CAN set the Workspace to ASD, from there I have the ASD Start tab. - I think I'm off and away now.

Message 6 of 7
aksalaymeh
in reply to: chuckross7548

Why is so complicated to get to Workspace !!!! ???

Message 7 of 7
KONSTANTINOS1982
in reply to: rtwagner

Spoiler

I faced the same problem for a week & just come to realise that the "metric template" for steel in Preferences was all about. Just change it and hope everything will be ok.Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips