AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Symbol Overkill

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jneal
2110 Views, 10 Replies

Weld Symbol Overkill

Hi guys-

Why do I have so many weld symbols showing? I welded the stiffener plate in with a 3/16 fillet and chose (ALL) on the command line. This is what shows up. This is kind of ridiculous. Also how do you get it to not display the length by default? I cannot find the setting for that-

See attached

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jneal
in reply to: jneal

Here's another example.... Serioulsy? This is borderline ridiculous...

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 3 of 11
HulelaG

There's nothing wrong with the drawing, 

this is the Power of ASD, it shows you what it can do. 

the Dimensioning of the drawing is on Default and is bringing everything even what you dont need, Preferences and select what you need.

Set you template to display what you need than what you dont need.

Message 4 of 11
jneal
in reply to: HulelaG

Huela-

Thanks for the reply - however there is no way to adjust how the weld symbols are displayed or how many show up as far as I can tell. I have gone through the description styles several times trying to find how to shut off the length by default, add an ALL AROUND symbol by default and how many weld symbols are displayed. There is NO CONTROL over these features. I hope I am missing something but I don;t think I am. Autodesk needs to introduce more control over weld symbols...

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 5 of 11
HulelaG

My Best advice to this is, try avoid using Automated weld symbols, dont show them unless there's a special weld to show, then you can add a manual Weld. which have more options than using Automated.

I hope you can see better on the attaced image?Untitled.png

Message 6 of 11
HulelaG

There's a control if you know how,

Message 7 of 11
jneal

I apologize for the confusion....   I meant there is no control over AUTOMATED weld symbols. I know how to insert weld symbols manually. If there is no control over automated weld symbols then that feature is sort of pointless. 

Thanks for your help anyway-

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 8 of 11
markhubrich

Weld symbols are turned off on every template on my system. It would be a nice fix from Autodesk to take care of that.

If you want to see the extreme joke, take a couple pcs. of pipe. Cope one to fit the other and give it a shop fillet weld all around. 

The auto weld symbol gives it about a hundred thosand weld symbols. 

I found it easier to revert back to my old weld symbol block library and try to use typ. weld section views.

pipe2.JPGpipe3.JPGpipe1.JPG

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 9 of 11
HulelaG
in reply to: markhubrich

Markhubrich,

I suggest you turn them off.

as you say, it would be nice if system display 1 weld symbol.

reason I suggested using manual weld symbol was all that as on you pasted pic.

Wish List maybe?

Message 10 of 11
markhubrich

More like Broken I'd say. If the system doesn't perform as expected, it's broke.

Unless they intended it to be this way. I just don't see a feature of the software that doesn't function properly as an additional feature to have it working. 

I see it as a Bug that needs to be fixed. I'm surprised it went this far without attention. I'd be pretty embarrased if it were my software design. 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 11 of 11
jneal
in reply to: markhubrich

markhubrich-

I totally agree that this is a broken feature.  I'll just have to manually weld from now on. I submitted a case to Autodesk and this is on the wish list officially for the 2015 release. Too late to get it into the 2014 version...

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips