AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the new AutoCAD© Structural Detailing Discussion Group

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Discussion_Ad
1941 Views, 21 Replies

Welcome to the new AutoCAD© Structural Detailing Discussion Group

AutoCAD© Structural Detailing has been developed in order to facilitate preparing final drawings of component parts of designed structures. This includes preparing steel, formwork and reinforcement documentation.

AutoCAD© Structural Detailing - Steel allows generation of complete detailing documentation of steel structures (drawings + tables of materials). The process of creating drawings in AutoCAD© Structural Detailing - Steel is automatic. Drawings are generated based on a detailed 3D structure model defined also in this application.

AutoCAD© Structural Detailing - Formwork Drawings allows making detailed drawings of a structure (story plans, foundation plans, sections, elevation views, etc.); it is equipped with a complete set of options for drawing and description of structure elements that are adapted to the needs of an engineer / designer. Drawings are generated based on a detailed 3D structure model defined also in this application.

AutoCAD© Structural Detailing - Reinforcement allows creating detailed drawings of RC structure reinforcement; it is equipped with a complete set of options for drawing details of an RC structure drawing, which are adjusted to the engineer-designer’s needs and make it possible to draw objects in an intuitive manner.

The aims of this discussion group are to:
- get your opinion on the new features
- identify areas of improvement needed
- give you the opportunity to become familiar with the product

The Autodesk sponsored discussion groups are intended to be constructive, informative, and helpful for our customers and industry partners. Please refer to the Autodesk Discussion Group Questions & Answers, Etiquette Tips and Ground Rules at http://discussion.autodesk.com/ground.jspa. This discussion group will be moderated by Autodesk staff and monitored by various members of the Autodesk Content Search development and quality assurance teams.

Regards,
The AutoCAD© Structural Detailing Team
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Rick
in reply to: BlueRocco

Did you ever get any answer to your problem? I need to resolve this issue as well. I also think that it is unfair of autodesk too sell a product that does not meet the standards of the area. To me it just like selling us a software package the only works in Japanese. We may finally figure what going on or get it to work, but what good is it if nobody we work with will understand it. Plus it adds to the work load a lot I should not even have to go on line and try to resolved this issue. The only reason it could be hard to fix is extremely pour thought out programming. Scary 

Message 22 of 22
BlueRocco
in reply to: Rick

I was basically told to shove it. They were NOT going to refund any money, they were NOT going to FIX the problem, nor did they have plans to. If you want to use something like this use Revit was pretty much what I was told. So Yea, I and you or your boss were sold a bill of goods. This was one of the main reasons I went with the building package instead of just sticking with the product I had. Now my subscription will be pretty much impossible for me to maintain due to the extra cost and NO improvement in productivity. I was hoping to catch ground in both products.. a complete Architect product that I could offer my Structural engineers and Architects, because there are so many that DO NOT want to get on the Revit bandwagon. They like the way their business is working but would like to outsourch to local drafting firms instead of keeping someone on full time that they are only using part time. But once again Autodesk BITES IT. I'm telling most of my customers about SketchUp. For only $495 you can do almost everything this does. There are more and more ruby scripts showing up to attach data to your models and it's a LOT friendlier to use for a lot of firms. It's catching steam and hopefully it will be something that will get Autodesk to wake up and think about the people that buy their ads and hyperbole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips