AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View scale and layout template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Furneaux
1167 Views, 4 Replies

View scale and layout template

Hello, it's my first and I think simple question about ASD 2013 but I can't solve it. Is it possible to change view scale and layout template, views are tiny (scale 1:25) and layout A1 is huge? Drawings were made using "Automatic drawings" command. 

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 Service Pack 1.1 Update 1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jianna
in reply to: Furneaux

In the Object Inspector, select the view you want to change, then look towards the bottom and you'll see the scale (outlined in red in the picture). Double click on the scale, change it, then hit enter on your keyboard to apply the change.

viewport scale.png

Message 3 of 5
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: Jianna

But it makes it different just for this exact one view only so the general move should be rather like regenaration of drawings.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 4 of 5
Jianna
in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Exactly. So if you'd like to change the scale for specific views so they'll default to that value in the future, go to the "Templates" tab in the object inspector, select the view, and change the scale like the photo above.

Only that specific view's scale will be changed. So if you want, for example, the top, side, and front views to all be the same scale, you'll have to click on each view and change the scale individually for each.

If this process is done in the "Positions" tab, it will apply only to that particular view in the particular instance. If this process is done in the "Temapltes" tab, any of the edited views created after that will have the new scale.

Message 5 of 5
Furneaux
in reply to: Jianna

and what about layout (main frame)? is it possible change after drawing generation?

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 Service Pack 1.1 Update 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips