AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
FABRIZIOSCHWARZ2000
659 Views, 2 Replies

unusual object

1204 - sezioni-banchettone.jpgI'm sorry, I'm starting to use ASD

I detail an unusual object: is not a beam, is not a plate and is not a foundation: is a mix of all. It'is the anchorage of a guardrail (see the drawing).

I thought it was an easy object to start .... but I cannot use the macro but I have to do everything manually. It's nothing difficult, but I have all the frontal views (including above and below).

I modeled a segment as solid and I used the command "Use 3D solids" to turn it into an ASD typical element.

I get so plan and side view. No problem in creating sections. 

How do you create the other frontal views?

Thanks to those who want to give me advice and help

bye

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Fabrizio,
So you say it can be seen in 3D and is an ASD object? If yes, you can create a group and attach a "group template". There you have front view.

Lucian.

P.S.: I answered the same in AUGI. I don't know which one you see first.

Message 3 of 3

I am attaching a 3D of my object and the layout that I did. The wall already exists and I could not put it directly reinforcements.
I arranged a bit with ASD and the rest with autocad
What I did with autocad is reinforcement to each post of the guard rail. I had no idea on how to do with ASD, but believed that it was essential to have frontal views (especially above)

Thank you for your interest

Project1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips