AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template fille cannot be opened. Freeze error.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tolgakurt
875 Views, 5 Replies

Template fille cannot be opened. Freeze error.

I have downloaded and installed Structural Detailing 2010 from student community. Then, i have also registered it and now it is activated.

The computer it was installed is a AMD Athlon X2 and it has a ATI Radeon HD4670 display adapter. The OS is Windows 7 Professional and is a stable system.

The problem is, when I try to open Structural Detailing, it opens with the AutoCAD drawing environment well (workspace). But when I try to open a template of ASD Reinforcement or Steel; program freezes when it tries to open the template(RBCR-XXX.DWT) file.

I have granted all the privileges of the template files to all of the users and also I have checked the path of the files. Also tried to update the program, but nothing changed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michal_miszczuk
in reply to: tolgakurt

I've got the same problem! Could anyone tell us what to do?

Message 3 of 6
woo4u
in reply to: michal_miszczuk

i've got the same problem too, already installed SP1,2 and 3. why does it crash trying to open a template and how to fix the problem?would be nice to finally get a reply in this thread with an answer..

Message 4 of 6
cgimpel
in reply to: woo4u

Did you download the 64-bit version?

Message 5 of 6
michal_miszczuk

No, only 32 - bit version is availible on students.autodesk.com. So, still any idea how to solve this problem?

Message 6 of 6
cgimpel

That is the problem.  32 bit will not run on Windows Vista or 7.  You can set up a 32-bit virtual workstation on your machine or you can run it on an old 32-bit XP machine.  Windows 7 may have the virtual capability.  Never tried it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips