AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Question, Probably!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TrevN
491 Views, 1 Reply

Stupid Question, Probably!

Very new to Revit Structure and will be getting ASD as well soon. My beginners queation is.....

Is ASD complety seperate from Revit Structure and you have to export to Revit? Or does ASD sit within Revit if you have it?

Am I correct in understanding that you can detail structural elements within Revist Structure, but you can only add connections while using ASD, or is there a bolt on to Revit Structure to allow you to add connections there?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: TrevN

ASD is AutoCAD based software and it is stand-alone software.

It's purpose is to create details of reinfoced concrete structures and workshop drawings for steel structures.

Revit is completely different software and it's primary use is for architecture.

You can, however, export some structures or structure elements from Revit to ASD. In theory.

You can't do detailing of steel structures in Revit, it's doesn't have appropriate tools ('yet' says Autodesk).

And you can model some 3D reinforcement in Revit, but it's still very limited.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips