AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel members inserting about 1/16" off

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TWROGERS
341 Views, 2 Replies

Steel members inserting about 1/16" off

Every time I insert a steel member, it ends up being about 1/16" off from where I want it. This causes clashes and wrong elevations. How can I fix this so I dont have to check/move each member that I insert?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jianna
in reply to: TWROGERS

When you insert a new member, a window pops up that lets you choose which shape you want and it's insertion point. See image below.

ASD Insert Profile.png

See all those little x marks on the profile? You can click on those to position your profile. You could click and drag on the profile to move it, but that's inaccurate. Sometimes, just to make sure it's exactly centered on an x mark, I'll click one of the other x marks. The profile will snap to that spot. Then I'll click on the mark I want and the profile will snap to that x mark.

Also make check out the Insertion Point section of the dialog. Make sure Dx and Dy are 0".

I hope one of those things is your problem. If so, click Mark As Solution. If not, let me know.

Message 3 of 3
TWROGERS
in reply to: Jianna

We have already done everything that you have sugested and it still inserts at about 1/32" off of center. The only way we have been able to get it closer is to set our units to 1/256" and it seems to help some, getting it closer to center. But it will not snap to perfect center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips