AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Beam to Concrete Wall Connection- Revit Export and ASD difficulties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stahci
2490 Views, 5 Replies

Steel Beam to Concrete Wall Connection- Revit Export and ASD difficulties

What I am trying to do is create a 3d connection of a steel beam to concrete wall. Since that can not be done in Revit I exported to ASD. So I used the SAD Revit Extension I used the "Steel Detailing Link" to get my Revit steel into ASD. The concrete walls did not show up when doing this, so I used the "Formwork Drawing links" which gave me the walls I needed. However I can not figure out how to combine the two to make the connection. Also when I create this connection in ASD, how do I get it back into Revit? How will it appear?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jorgeluisgdeaca
in reply to: stahci
Message 3 of 6
stahci

Thanks for your reply. That link does not really help as my question deals with the exporting and importing of the project. That link appears to be the next step. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with ASD and the link posted goes over my head and creates more questions. Thanks again

Message 4 of 6
jorgeluisgdeaca

if you are triying to create a connection of a steel structure to concrete wall  based on a exported model from revit you can't export both steel and concrete. The posted link is only to know that concrete walls must be "faked" because ASD steel module does not support concrete walls.

Message 5 of 6
jorgeluisgdeaca

also Revit only has one extension with four connections, if you want to have more you must to obtain/pay for them, to SDS/2 for example.

Message 6 of 6

The SDS / 2 works in revit with ASD? Type 100% functional. Anyone know if it works?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips