AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spiral stair tread

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tpham2001
879 Views, 4 Replies

spiral stair tread

Hi All,

I created a spiral staircase and everything seems to worked well. I used 4" sch40 post and 3/4"x14"x14" BP. Hieght between floor is 12-5 1/2", this gives me 21 equal treads (which work out to 0'-7" riser). The question is the tread itself, I selected the follow tread from the pull down menu.

In the model this tread measured as it should be, but when I pulled dim in Edition Layout, this is what I have. The spiral stair radius is 3'-3" plus change...

What am I missing? How can something that is 3' wide grew to 78'? I looked in dim format - scale factor is 1. Can anyone shine some light and show me the way?

Also, are all the steps listed in pull down menu off the shelf item?

Thanks,

spiral stair tread.JPG 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zcsillag
in reply to: tpham2001

Idk, but u use imperial units and treads metric ?

imperial-metric.JPG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 5
tpham2001
in reply to: zcsillag

Theses are all that I have, I don't have imperial treads even when I create a simple stair case, all treads came in as metric. Fortunately I have good relationship with my contractor, they said to give them the stringer and width layout and they do the rest.

This is part of the frustration which I can not figure it out. My Project Preferenes setting are in imperial yet these kind of things comes in as metric. There is a disconnection somewhere I don't know where to look.

spiral stair tread 2.JPG

Message 4 of 5
zcsillag
in reply to: tpham2001

"Theses are all that I have, I don't have imperial treads even when I create a simple stair case, all treads came in as metric" ...

So ASD team WHY ????

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 5 of 5
tpham2001
in reply to: zcsillag

There are two data base available:

1. UP_step_spiralHMS.xml
  2. UP_step_spiralMOSTOSTAL.xml.

Yes, both are in metric as I've disco.

But then I think all UP_step[xxx] data base are in metric.

So, ASD Team, what do you say? Think we end users can get an imperial version of these data base?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips