AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple stair... help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tpham2001
935 Views, 2 Replies

simple stair... help

Hi All,

I've been trying to understand the Stair Macro and something is NOT right in the world of CAD.

If anyone know how to create this simple stair and share your knowledge, I am greatfull...

C10 Stringers

14 Treads @ 10" = 11'-8" (15 equal riser = 10'-4 1/4")

This is what I did:

I drew a line 11'-8" horizontally and 10'-4 1/4" vetically. and this is what I got...

The tread should start at the beginning of the line where the circle is located. but instead it's 15" away because the dimension next to P1 (first point). if I force this dim to 0", it will move the mid point of the tread and not the noise.

Thanks for looking.

stair cap 1.JPG

stair cap 2.JPGstair cap 4.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This problem shows unfortunately that ASD does not see start point as the first step pisition but bottom the thread.

Iy is not easy to modify it in expected way as was your intention.

Of course you can close the macro definition and start to modify the particular elements as the single parts by Machining tools etc.

I feel that these limitations supported by not universal parameters in definition like sizes and relations between these parameters are givimg such impressin that module is never doing what was expected.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 3

Hi Jakub,

Even though this is not what I'm looking for, I'll accept it as a resolution so that this issue can be closed.

What can I say, we tried...

Tee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips