AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separating combined assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HulelaG
1083 Views, 4 Replies

separating combined assemblies

Is there a way to separate assemblies that are combined to one assmebly?

I have a situation where 65% of my structure is combined to one. with only few beams that are single assemblies as they should be.

I have attached a photo to illustrate the Problem.

Detailed drawing is generated with assblies bonded together and parts are extracted from the assemblies.

this makes my work untidy.

How do I separate them so I can have detailed assemblies?

can anyone help in this reagrds?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: HulelaG

You should be able to highlight and right click in the "Object Inspector" box on the assembly you wish to remove items from.  Then select "Remove from group" in the drop down menu and you should be able to select the items you do not want associated with that group or assembly.  Note that when you make the selection to remove, all that you have selected will no longer be a dashed line.  They will all be solid lines when you do this, so try and remember what is needed.  If you do to much, just right click in the "object inspector" again and select "add to group" and select what you want to add back on.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 5
tedmail

Reading your post again, I wanted to make sure the heirarchy was correct with the groups and such.  You should have a group of assemblies.  Assemblies of parts.  And then single parts.  From that, you should be able to create automatic drawings with how assemblies fit together and other drawings on how to create the assemblies from parts, and lastly the part details.

I might be on the wrong page all together with this, but hopefully something in here helps you.

Message 4 of 5
HulelaG
in reply to: tedmail

Ted,

I tried the object inspector before and also followed your steps as listed.

what I select get removed from the Group.

my problme is they are lost Items and when I group again I get same thing.

I suspect something might be wrong on the settings.

when i generate Details, I get one assembly with all the parts involved in making it, which makes it Difficult for shop-floor to assemble if I am not there to Help.

I am looking to get a way out of this Bug.

Message 5 of 5
tedmail

If I am understanding you correctly, you would like each part detailed individually and you currently are not getting that.  If this understanding is correct, I would look into how you have the group set up.  Lets not talk group and only "assembly" for a minute.  If you have an "assembly" of grouped together parts, you should be able to have it detail all the individual parts with automatic drawings.  When you set up the automatic drawings make sure to click the box correctly telling to detail machined parts.  I forget the tab at the moment, but it's in a group of a couple other check boxes, too.  Also, make sure to have the correct settings set up for the "mode" of "assembly & parts" for the layout.

Does any of this make sense or relate to what you are needing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips