AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and ASD workflow

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acardoso
535 Views, 1 Reply

Revit and ASD workflow

Hello all,

I'm confused. About half an year ago, in one of my Revit Structure lessons (I teach all flavours of Revit since 2002/2003), I got to make structural connections with AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014, using an *.RVT model that came from Revit 2014. This is not difficult. ASD has many tools and options to make these connections. And Revit Extensions exist to achieve this, but aren't working anymore. I used the following workflow:

- Made a simple steel model with Revit (2 structural columns and a beam);

- Sent the model to ASD, using Revit Extensions (Steel Detailing Link);

- In ASD 2014 I made a simple structural connection, using one of the columns and the beam;

- Back in Revit, I used this same extension to Update Revit model. The general idea was to get to Revit the ASD structural connections I made earlier.

This worked fine, at least in some (random?) cases. Revit imported these elements, which became available in Project Browser (Structural Connections category). I remember my students even applaud this result, and none of us is crazy yet...

The problem is that in release 2015 (honestly this is not working also in release 2014 anymore) this workflow seems to have stopped working. How can this be explained? It worked six months ago. I inclusively opened a case with this same issue in Autodesk Support, that replied that this workflow shouldn't work, but IT WAS WORKING!

Any ideas? Anyone got this results yet?

Thanks to all

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Priitl220
in reply to: acardoso

There were only two connections that worked like you describe. In practice you can not import connections from ASD to Revit. So showing this as a working worklflow is not correct (when selling or teaching).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips