AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Autodesk Employe: Fault in Wire fabric & using 2 viewports

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
SvenVer
571 Views, 0 Replies

Request Autodesk Employe: Fault in Wire fabric & using 2 viewports

Hi,

I would like to show you a problem i have with ASD (every version).
If you have the same problem please put it also in this discution.
I hope An Autodesk employe reads this. Becouse i have put so much effort to comunicate this problem wih the proper persons, but they all ignore it.

Problem 1: the wire fabric doesn't count correctly.

If you look at the file "WireFabric Problem.dwg", you will see 2 examples.
I used the autocad template: RBCR-001-Metric. But the problem is with every template/database

Example 1:

If you look at the main tables (the top ones) you see at
Ex. 1.1 a total mass of 9813kg.
Ex. 1.2 a total mass of 10029kg
and for Ex. 1.3 a total mass of 6789kg

Simply put should Ex. 1.1 + Ex. 1.3 = Ex. 1.2 (with an incorrection of the lap splices)
But if you put it in to a sum its: 9813 + 6789 = 16602 and this is way more then 10029
The fault is in Ex. 1.3 i guess. But it seems nobody has this problem?
Conclusion: the counting of the wire fabrics with circle shaped constructions are incorrect!

Example 2:

This is even more disturbing. If you cut a piece of the rectangle your total mass will increase.
If you look at Ex. 2.1 the total mass is 9950.
When if you look at Ex. 2.2 the total mass is 10316. How is this possible ? the square meters are less, and the mass is more?
It's the same with Ex. 2.3
I realy hope somebody looks in to this problem becouse of this we do not use wire fabric to count our wirefabrics. Becouse we get complains that our masses are incorrect.

Problem 2: When you Split your screen in modelspace, by useing the "view -> viewports -> 2 viewports" you are unable to use the ASD comments like drawing a bar.
When you put it back to 1 view, you are still unable to use the ASD comments. When you restart your ASD you can use the comments again. Anybody a solution?

Thanks I'm looking forward to see you're opions on this discution

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips