AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Bolt info from auto generating on Details

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Geoff
747 Views, 7 Replies

Remove Bolt info from auto generating on Details

How do I set ASD to stop generating bolt data on each detail. It is too cluttered with this unnecessary data.  All I need to show are the hole locations and sizes.

If I ever did want to include bolts, how do I put the quantities in parenthesis, i.e. (1)3/4" bolt, rather than 13/4' as it appears now.

Geoff

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
zcsillag
in reply to: Geoff

Hi..

holes.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 8
Geoff

Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
zcsillag

np 😛

Regards

Csillag Z.

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 5 of 8
Geoff
in reply to: zcsillag

So I have gone in and "drilled down" to the dialogue boxes which you have indicated in your screen shots, which contain the bolt descriptors  %%Holenum%%Boltsign  %%Boltlen.  Am I supposed to delete this text?  I would have thought that there would be an option to de-select a box indicating that you want the bolt information to be added to your Auto-generated Detail.  I certainly do not see such an option, so is this the only solution?

Geoff

Message 6 of 8
zcsillag

so made description bolt style !

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 7 of 8
zcsillag

so made bolt description style *

and with description style template for assembly - templates use this description style

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 8 of 8
Geoff

Thanks for the clarification.  I had overlooked that the Style Name in your example was changed to a custom name.

Thanks again.

Geoff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips