AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCAD Steel - circular hollow tube not round

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vladimir.kostov
1382 Views, 6 Replies

RCAD Steel - circular hollow tube not round

Hello friends!!!

I have a problem with circular hollow tube visualization. No matter what i do i cant make tube sections to be round, now thay are polygon or hexagonal sections. And it thos bother me because if you have to fit tube section in plate with hole, the welding is a mess, it aways say that the to parts are not in contact.

I will be greatfyl if you can help me with solution to this problem.

Please see the attachment file to see my point

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lucis29
in reply to: vladimir.kostov

If you choose a typical section from database, it is circular. It should work. As you know, a circle is made of tiny little straight lines. At the limit , the lines  can be considered as points. If you want you tube to look "more" circular, regen when closer.

The error about welding isn't because of circularity of the tube.

I think that the 2 elements are not within weld range (that can be increased in preferences), or the elemens colide.

Check one of those assumptions.

Lucian.

Message 3 of 7
vladimir.kostov
in reply to: lucis29

Hello Lucian!!!

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tied the options that you suggested and the objects weld to each other. But basicly in Autocad you can control the smootness of the 3D solids as you can see in the attachment below, i have created the same circular section in autocad and it looks fine.

Is there a way to control the sootness of a databesa section as in the problem to achieve the level of smootness in the attachment.

For you second suggestion, i can weld object together but on printout leyout it looks the same as in the model view. And with the small scale that i need the prinout it does not look right. It looks like i am using flat plate and bend it in a way to achive circular section. 

Message 4 of 7
lucis29
in reply to: vladimir.kostov

In the Edition template, go closer and regen. It should go round again.

I'm interested to see how it really looks on a Printout.

Message 5 of 7
vladimir.kostov
in reply to: lucis29

The second picture that is attached is close regenerated view in editor layout, and the result in printout is the same.

I have tried almost everything to fix this but nothing works. I just can't understand waht is the problem, what i mean this is basicly simple element and it's imported from the database.

Message 6 of 7

Please use RBCS_Profslices variable if you want to set the arcs discretisation of section.

I think it is what yours discusion about.

IMPORTANT! It is making job heavier for carrying by modeller.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 7 of 7

Thank you, the Profslices variable work fine for the profile discretisation and looks good now.

Yes i know that this will be more hard for the modeler but it's an sigle most inportant detail of the design and i want to be as best as it can.

Other thing is it posible to do the same operation with holes. Because i tried Prolslices variable on the plate which has a hole but it has no effect on hole doscretisation?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips