AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the autocad structural detailing 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cet103317
1200 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with the autocad structural detailing 2013

Hi ..evry1....i am finding a problem with the ASD file...i have generated the beam reinforcement detail and then i need to do some additional work manually of increasing the no. of Tie bar and web bar.i found several problems---

1. The Manual entry does not show in 3D when we create 3D view of the element.

2. I have  created new reinforcement description style as per the standards from the setting menu and also done changes accordingly in the construction drawing setting...saved as new template and used it for structue element reinforcement but the automated structural elements does not take any of the settings.

3. The most frustating one....i modified the reinforcement description through modify tab....everytime the file autosaves ..it regenerates and comes to its intial position...all the modification gone after working for last 4 hrs..and  the dimension and reinforcement style which i deleted or modified comes again ..this repeats evrytime...and i dont find any soilution for it .......Kindly suggest if any1 finds a solution. ......

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lucis29
in reply to: cet103317

@cet103317 wrote:

1. The Manual entry does not show in 3D when we create 3D view of the element.

That's an expected behaviour. There is no 3D for manually created elements.

@cet103317 wrote:

2. I have  created new reinforcement description style as per the standards from the setting menu and also done changes accordingly in the construction drawing setting...saved as new template and used it for structue element reinforcement but the automated structural elements does not take any of the settings.

In the template did you set the newly created Description styles as default? If no, you should try.

@cet103317 wrote:

3. The most frustating one....i modified the reinforcement description through modify tab....everytime the file autosaves ..it regenerates and comes to its intial position...all the modification gone after working for last 4 hrs..and  the dimension and reinforcement style which i deleted or modified comes again ..this repeats evrytime...and i dont find any soilution for it .......Kindly suggest if any1 finds a solution. ......

I believe the ultimate solution will be to explode the element. I always create reinforcement manually, because ASD has problems with reinforcement distribution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips