AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with reinforcement positioning

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jvnieuw
1862 Views, 5 Replies

problem with reinforcement positioning

Hi all,

when working in Autocad Structural Detailing 2012, I have encountered a problem with reinforcement positioning.

Whenever I adjust an existing block in the drawing, from that moment on, I can create two different

reinforcement bars and still give them the same position number. Wich isn't exactly the point of numbering bars.

Can anybody help me out?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: jvnieuw

I am not sure about the sequence of operation that you described.

Is this the problem on specific file all common for the all your efforts?

Could you please let us know any more about this?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 6
jvnieuw
in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

This is what happens:

1. I create a reinforcement bar

2. I copy the bar for multiple usage in the drawing

3. I create a block or I import a block and adjust it (this has nothing to do with the reinforcement itself, I just need a certain block in the drawing)

4. When I change one of the copies of the bar, for instance I make it 100cm longer, the positioning does not change although it isn 't the same bar anymore.

I've uploaded a printscreen and the .dwg to illustrate the problem.

Thanks for you response!

Message 4 of 6
jvnieuw

For the record:

This happens in all the drawings I make in ASD2012.

Removing the block and purging it doesn't help either. Once a block is created/adjusted the problem stays.

Message 5 of 6
Jakub.Brozonowicz

If I just only go to modify the item it changes onto the length of other with same position but is the current version.

Do I understand that 2012 error is this case issue and you are looking for kind of solution for this version?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 6
jvnieuw
in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Apparently deleting the modified block and purging it, solves the problem: after saving, closing and re-opening the dwg, the numbering is back to normal.

If I have to change an existing block in the future, I will have to do it in regular Autocad and then copy-paste it in ASD.

Not a real solution, but it works for me 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips