AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parametric sections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
h.abedi57
421 Views, 3 Replies

parametric sections

hi every one

i have problem in exporting steel frame from rsd to asd,when i use parametric section like box and export it on asd,asd can't show this section.please help me.

regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It depend by the differences in section database. The trick to solve this issue is this:

1) save your robot model with another name (for example filename-export.rtd;
2) change in robot the unexported cross section in a database ones not used in the project (for example hea 1000 instead of rectangular 30x50)
3) repeat the point 2 for all the unexported sections using one database section for each type;
4) export the model to asd;
5) change the fake sections creating, in asd user profile module, the correct one.

Good luck and let me know if it work.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 4

thanks for your attention

i do this method that you sent for me, but unfortunately again i have problem.please explain it in another method if it's possible.

regards

Message 4 of 4
vanvan11
in reply to: h.abedi57

sorry if i can help with idea to modify profiles in asd after import:) not very great idea
one time when i export from robot to asd (2015v) composite section profiles are inserted only axial line

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips