AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying connection templates

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eknockolds
1296 Views, 4 Replies

modifying connection templates

Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a library of standard connection templates we would use regularly and am wondering if it is possible to rename, reorder and/or delete template connections once they have been saved in the template data base file? I have a couple of early attempts that have been poorly named that I would like to delete but don't seem to be able to do this.

Also it would be nice if it were possible to create different connection folders for a given connection type to help make the search for the correct template easier. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Ed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: eknockolds

When you use an ASD macro and save away a variation of that macro the data is stored in an XML file which is in the folder shown below. I edit  the particular xml file and change the name their. If you could map the tCt entries to the dialogue for the macro you can create an entire macro using an XML file.

I make all of my user parts from the XML files and not the method provided within ASD. Once you understand it it's much quicker and far easier

C:\Users\???\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2013

hope this is helpful Let me know if I can help further

Regards

Message 3 of 5
eknockolds
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Thanks Tony,

At least I can rename my connections to some sort of convention.

I'll give changing the tCt a go but looks to be a bit of a minefield for me.

Cheers,

Ed

Message 4 of 5
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: eknockolds

When you modify a macro and save it, It is save in the this folder C:\Users\???\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2013 with a "UsrCon" prefix. Once you fild the XML file you can open it and then delete the entry you don't want of change the data to modify the macro you created.

Message 5 of 5
eknockolds
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the advice, I was just saying that I am a bit reluctant to play with the tCt settings, but am quite happy to be able to change the name or even delete a whole macro if i want to.

Cheers,

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips