AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Weld Symbol

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jianna
1282 Views, 1 Reply

Modify Weld Symbol

I'm trying to add manual weld symbols to my drawing. I've had no issue with doing this in the past. Today, when I click "Insert weld symbol", there is no option to create weld manually. Instead, there is an option to "Pick Weld" or "pick first point of weld line". See image below.

Add weld.png

Also, when I click on the weld symbol it creates and open up the "modify display properties" dialog box, it's completely new. I used to be able to specify all details of my weld symbol (type, length, comment, etc...) Now there's this new box that lets me edit the general style, but not edit the specific weld I'm working with to make it the correct type. See image below.

For instance, ASD made me a weld symbol that is for a far side 3/16" fillet weld, when what I need is a near side weld. But with this dialog box I've never seen before today, I can't edit my weld.

Modify Weld Symbol.png

Can anybody tell me how to fix this? I'm at a loss. I've been doing manual welds for months with this program and suddenly today it's different.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tpham2001
in reply to: Jianna

Could it be your weld lsp routine(s) is/are corrupted?

I tried insert weld command and it's gave me two options as you said.

welds lps.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips