AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weight control in layouts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Delusory
520 Views, 1 Reply

Line weight control in layouts

Hi everyone,

Started using ASD not that long ago and encounterd a problem with line weight control. I would like to have the dimension with a thickness of 0.09 and parts of 0.3. To "accomplish" this I've changed the lineweight's in the layers (for dimension layers I've set it to 0.09 and for the representor to 0.3 and it seems to be working like a charm. When ever i attach a document (generating the drawing) the line weights are as I want. But there is a little problem.

When I use autotated drawings, it inserts the drawings of parts as BLOCKS and they do not "obey" the lineweights of the layers. When I manually insert the drawings using "Add to current Printout" command, the lineweights are OK. Putting them (block and the "viewport" (not sure how to call it)) of the same drawing it is clearly visible, that the BLOCK doesn't obey the lineweigths set for the layers. Maybe someone knows how to solve this, apart from not using the "Automated drawings" but arranging the layouts by hand?

Sorry for long post, hard to explain my problem 😕

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Delusory

BEDIT or REFEDIT command, go inside the block, and ensure the LWEIGHT settings for all the objects are set to what you want (or set to BYBLOCK or BYLAYER, you decide what works best for your needs).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips