AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bug, with bolt direction in ASD_2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ZHUKOV_ING
591 Views, 8 Replies

Is this a bug, with bolt direction in ASD_2012

When i define bolts in ASD they are placed in custom direction (picture 001), after that i am using command for changing bolt direction (picture 002) and everything is OK with model, but when i define  drawings, bolt direction is wrong (picture 003). Ist this still a bug?    

P.S. :  SP_3 for ASD_2012 is installed

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HulelaG
in reply to: ZHUKOV_ING

from what I see, your UCS orientation are different on views you discribing.

where you seeing the bolt OK on picture 1 and 2 are all in (WCS) front view.

Picture 3 is on (WCS) top view. and not showing the ucs. Just check WCS.

I have done a huge structure on ASD 2012 and havin't notice such bug.

if this is a bug, we hoping to get response from Autodesk.

Message 3 of 9
ZHUKOV_ING

HulelaG, picture 003 is group arbitrary view from picture 002 (front view), see picture 001 and 002 below !!!!

Message 4 of 9
HulelaG

try the same proceddure with a beam and column.

make end plate manual connection and identify the beam as beam and column with layers.

I think it is confusing with plates since the look alike sincce you have one bolt connected.

make a connection as I attached here.

Message 5 of 9
HulelaG
in reply to: HulelaG

I see what you mean, ASD still keeps the initial bolt insertion and not the reversed bolts.

that's in the paper space and not in the model space.

Message 6 of 9
ZHUKOV_ING

On the pictures below i have attached two same conections (left is manualy modeled and right is modeled with conection macro), when i generate the drawing (picture 3) bolt direction is wrong. P.S. Bolt direction in model is ok , that bug was corected with SP_3 but the bolt direction in drawings is still wrong (see pictures below.

Message 7 of 9
HulelaG

You have highlighted one point I never thought was a problem.

this looks like the initial insertion bolt direction is the once going to the GA.

if you change the bolt direction in the model, it is not effected on GA which is wrong.

I am sure Autodesk can answer to this?

Message 8 of 9
ZHUKOV_ING

HulelaG , what is your experience with ASD 2012 stability, i have big problem with stability of the system (i have Gateway p7809u fx edition with core 2 duo P8700 2.53 Ghz 8Gb RAM Nvidia 9800 gtx and WIN 7 Ultimate) so i am modeling my structure in ASD2011 (i little bit slower but the most stable autocad product) and generating 2D Drawings with ASD 2012. If i start with modeling in ASD 2012 i am getting fatal error.

Message 9 of 9
HulelaG

it's very difficult to say  how stable the programe is, I have since worked on it from 2009 and been doing light to heavy structures.

I am running it on Dell T1500 with Win7 Pro with 64 Bit. 16gig Ram and 3.07 GHz i7 duo. I still encounter operation errors on 3d rendering and generating 3d drawings, the software demand of hardware performance is very high still.

I have in many instances to split the structure for better performance. this very difficult to make a decision on.

I still have a question on using xref on ASD and still be able make connections on.

Xref and ASD file to ASD or Autocad without converting to Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips