AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
510 Views, 4 Replies

Inverted view

Sometimes the automatic drawing generated draws a view upside down. In a training course I did a while ago the tutor showed us how to easily rectify this problem when it occurs but I now can't remember how. Does anybody know?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to change a coordinate system of assembly from context menu on Positions tab.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 5

Would you mind to explain that a little further Jakub? I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: filipberggren

It puzzled me a little too, but to be fair, Jakub is a computer person not a teacher. But I did figure it out.

To delete the inverted view first move out of model space and then go to the Positions tab of the object inspector and expand by clicking on the + sign near the position in question. Right click on the frame and select delete.

To create the new view go to model space and locate the position. On the object inspector right click on the position and select Change coordinate system. You will then be prompted to define a coordinate system in model space. Maybe you would choose the 3 point option so then define a coordinate system with the x axis along the length of the position. On the object inspector right click on the position and select automatic drawings.

Jakub, does this describe what you meant me to do? Or maybe is there a simpler way to do it?

Message 5 of 5
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, it was exactly what I meant.

Please note that this ability is just 2012 attribute.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips