AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompatibility of working units

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sonyablade2010
1039 Views, 4 Replies

incompatibility of working units

Dear All,

I stuck to that problem of having the "Incompatibility of working units between ASD Formwork Drawings and ASD REinforcement, Select file in ASD Reinforcement compatible with working units of the currrent project" 

It's an obvious that there is a mismatch in two drawings but how am I supposed to overcome it ? I already tried to edit it using Job Preferences under Units tabs, trying to set same units in both drawings but that didn't help me. Actually this happens when I try to export the formwork to reinforcement drawing after automatic positioning. 

I'm dubious that I choose the wrong template for that, and trying to open it into different template in reinforcement drawings causes the malfunctioning. If the problem origin is that, I don't know how to obtain the existing template type or number of the formwork drawing.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I think it is situation that you have both templates as 044 chosen.

It means that RC template is the imperial one.

The fact is that Formworks module does not support the inches so there is no chance to combine Metric RBCX and Imperial RBCR.

Which templates you used in your case?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 5

It seems that there is template clash as you pointed out. And I don't know how to clear it out, because I can't remember what I choose at the beggining. Isn't there any way to obtain this in the program?

If I'm planing to use with metric units and starting from scratch which templates shoudl I choose as a starting point. All of those prefix and suffixes in templates doesn't make me to get a hint.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
lucis29
in reply to: sonyablade2010

The numbers come from Country phone prefixes...

ex: 044 Great Britain

01 - USA

040 - Rom

etc.

🙂

Message 5 of 5

2013-01-08_1615.png

Here in Preferences (AutoCAD Options) you have default templates.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips