AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 1 of 3 (514 Views)
Accepted Solution

Importing "style"s (Dimensions, families, descriptions, etc...)

514 Views, 2 Replies
05-31-2011 06:47 AM

I hope to all heavans that I am missing something here, but is there a way to just import the families from a previous job?  Or the "dimensioning" styles & "description" styles?  It takes me almost a whole day to pick through all those variables and set them to our standard.  So basically, without my template set up right now, it's taking me a whole day to start with a clean sheet.  There has got to be a drawing manager in here or something that allows importing of these, no?  I haven't been able to find anything online or in the help...

Hi,

You can use ASD Center to import settings from some DWG to the current one:

But to avoid repetition it would be recommended to create DWT and set it as the defaullt one in Preferences of ASD. 

Regards,

Product Support
pp2008
Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: Importing "style"s (Dimensions, families, descriptions, etc...)

05-31-2011 07:22 AM in reply to: tedmail

Hi,

You can use ASD Center to import settings from some DWG to the current one:

But to avoid repetition it would be recommended to create DWT and set it as the defaullt one in Preferences of ASD. 

Regards,

Pawel Pulak
Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 3 of 3 (507 Views)

Re: Importing "style"s (Dimensions, families, descriptions, etc...)

05-31-2011 07:34 AM in reply to: pp2008

I knew I was missing something when the drawing manager was no more....  Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.