AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show neighboring parts in an assembly 2D layout and reference dimensions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mtamil
411 Views, 1 Reply

How to show neighboring parts in an assembly 2D layout and reference dimensions

Hi,

This query is in ASD.

While creating a 2D assembly drawing out of my 3D ASD model, how do I add the neighboring parts and add reference dimensions to these items. See the below example case.

1. Consider a Secondary Floor Beam with Assembly Position SB101, which is supported by a Main Floor beam with Assembly Position MB202 at the start (of SB101) and supported by a Main beam with Assembly Position MB203. Assume all Sections are of Profile type I.

Question : How to generate a 2D layout of Assembly SB101 along with cross sections of the two Beams supporting it (viz MB202 & MB203) ? How to add dimension from Centerline of MB202 & MB203 to the nearest edge of the Assembly SB101?

2. Similarly, how to generate such assembly 2D drawing where a beam is connected between 2 columns. In this case, I want to have the elevation of the column section on either side (cut to a specified height).

May anyone please provide a solution please?

Thanks

Tamilarasan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mtamil
in reply to: mtamil

Hello............

Is there any one.... here.....

Please wakeup Autodesk....

Please answer my question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips