AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy connections easily?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cashansa
1379 Views, 4 Replies

How to copy connections easily?

Good day All

I am having problems trying to copy certain connections. Please see the attached file.

I have taken a typical rafter and purlin example.

At x = ~ 6m (UCS), there is a "macro connection". I cannot copy this connection along this rafter to the other purlins. Any suggestions?

At x = ~ -2m (UCS), there is my custom knee brace connection. To copy this detail to the other purlins is tedious and annoying. Any suggestions to make this task easier? It is much worse on large projects.

May I also request Autodesk to create a "custom connection" macro. In this macro one may draw a connection, save it as a template, and then copy it to other parts of the structure where required. Of course, I do not expect the custom connection to be editable.

Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: cashansa

At x = ~ 6m (UCS), there is a "macro connection". I cannot copy this connection along this rafter to the other purlins. Any suggestions?

If you select all purlins after selecting the rafter the connections will be generated in one run (see the attached picture). 

The request for the custom connection option is on the wish list for ASD Steel.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
cashansa
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for the reply and the custom connection request. What possibility is there that by the next release the "custom connection option" is available to the users?

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm sorry but we are not able to provide any information about the next releases till the moment they are officially announced by Autodesk.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
cashansa

I think this option should be given high priority on the wish list, as you may have seen the comments from other ASD users on the effectiveness and speed of the steel module.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips