AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install ASD?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
943 Views, 8 Replies

How do I install ASD?

I have Revit Structure Suite and have installed Revit and ACAD 2009. (I found I can't install ACAD from Revit if I have Vanilla ACAD installed... bummer. Reverse is likewise). I can't figure out how to install the ASD package. I run setup but nothing seems to happen.
Lyle.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this same issue. The setup.exe was missing from the directory. What I did was to copy the whole disk to the harddrive then copy the setup.exe from the folder
Install\ROC to the folder
Install\ASD
After that it installed just fine.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I meant to reply to my own message that I figured it out. The guy that made the administrative images of all our Autodesk software mentioned that there was not an option for making an image for the Structural Detailing package, so he just copied the files to the network. When I tried installing from the network, it didn't work for me. I had to install straight from the DVD.
Lyle
Message 4 of 9
jafar cad

hi
I try to install the ASD with AutoCAD 2009, but when I run the setup.exe it tells me that there is no AutoCAD 2009, but I am already install it, please help me
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

ASD only works with AutoCAD supplied in the AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite
package.
It will not install with any other version.

wrote in message news:6016841@discussion.autodesk.com...
hi
I try to install the ASD with AutoCAD 2009, but when I run the setup.exe it
tells me that there is no AutoCAD 2009, but I am already install it, please
help me
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

This is a bummer, because if you already have Vanilla AutoCAD 2009 on a machine, the AutoCAD that comes with the Revit Suite will not install.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Yep .... you need to uninstall vanilla and then install the one in the Suite
package.

wrote in message news:6017113@discussion.autodesk.com...
This is a bummer, because if you already have Vanilla AutoCAD 2009 on a
machine, the AutoCAD that comes with the Revit Suite will not install.
Message 8 of 9
kiskander58

I am having the same problem. The Structural Detailing says it can't find the AtuoCad 2009 and quits. The only thing I can think is that I had installed a trial AutoCad 2009 prior to receiving our upgrade. I did uninstall it before installing the Revit Structure/AutoCad 2009 package but maybe there was something left behind that is preventing the install to work. Does anyone know?
Message 9 of 9

kiskander58

I am having the same problem. The Structural Detailing says it can't find the AtuoCad 2009 and quits. The only thing I can think is that I had installed a trial AutoCad 2009 prior to receiving our upgrade. I did uninstall it before installing the Revit Structure/AutoCad 2009 package but maybe there was something left behind that is preventing the install to work. Does anyone know?

reply===

Hi actually i have encountered that kind of problem but what i did was i restart windows and run autocad 2009 then after that close the autocad and run again the asd program then it works
try it may be it works to you too

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips