AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hollow User Profiles?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tedmail
1168 Views, 4 Replies

Hollow User Profiles?

I can't seem to make a hollow user profile.  I'm trying to make profiles for Architectural tubing (as some is being used as structural in some railing applications quite often).  So if there was HSRO with sizes under 1.66 OD, I would be good, but it doesn't cover the sizes doen to 3/4" and such.  I wouldn't mind appending to that database, being it belongs there, but I can't figure out how to modify databases either.  In fact, my user database is full of crap from me learning it and I can't delete them.  And if you make a user profile wrong, you are stuck with it at that name from what I have found.

So anyone have any ideas on how to make a hollow profile or edit existing profile databases?

Thanks in advance!

Ted

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Priitl220
in reply to: tedmail

You can define any profile you want by using "region". Create two regions and "subtract" inner region from the outer region. (see pic)

Message 3 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: Priitl220

I still need to edit the database, because now when I replcae this profile with the old one, I have to rename this one something wrong.

Thanks, though!

Message 4 of 5
markhubrich

Hey nice tip! 

Do you know how to create the properties for a tube profile? 

prop.JPG

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 5 of 5
pedramfr

Dear Priitl220

I need to creat a hollow circular column. I drew two circles with the same center, used region and subtract commands, but unfortunatly after I converted it to user defined section, it changed to an wiered section. I have attached a photo of it. I appreciate if anyone tell me how I would be able to fix it.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips