AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
141 Posts
12 Kudos
Post 1 of 1

Hole/Slot Combo

232 Views, 0 Replies
03-20-2013 04:42 AM

Does anyone know if there is a feature I'm missing somewhere that will allow me to combine slots with holes for a connection type? 

Mant times I need a slot in one part and a hole in the other. Rather than put a hole in one part. Put a slot in the other part. Then use the bolt command. If it were 2 holes in the 2 parts I could drill them both at the same time with automatic bolt inserted. Not the case here...  Plus it would be nice if the macro connections let me have a "Hanger" type parametric. I'm working on a catwalk system and this is tedius to change all my hanger points to vertical slot (conn. on right) as opposed to my origonal connection on the left. Unfortunatly for me nobody can tell me for sure how much the roof is going to deflect. Some of my main roof beams have up to 2 3/4" camber. It's also unfortunate that this catwalk system has to be dropped into the area via tower crane before the roof steel is installed. Those vertical slots are only for erection. It's all getting field welded.

slothole.JPG

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!