AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
markhubrich
663 Views, 2 Replies

Feature Request

Is there a particular place to post feature request and improvement wishes? I'm generating quite a list. I don't see a catagory in the "Ideas" site for ASD.

...and fix the kiss export issues.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: markhubrich

AUGI.com hosts wishlists for AutoCAD: membership is free.
Message 3 of 3
markhubrich
in reply to: markhubrich

here we go...Not everything that crossed my mind but it's a start...

Rolled plates

I currently cheat to roll plates by making a custom profile like flat bar but wide like sheet. Then use the "bent profiles".

Fix Grating bill of materials issues.

I posted elswhere on this forum about this. If the grate is 12x12 and it is rotated about the Z axis, it doesn't represent the length correctly. 

Utility to add custom material Grades

I get by doing some hacking in xml files but it shouldn't be like that.

Add functionallity to the bent profiles by allowing the use of a 3Dpoly or Spline. 

Function to assign profile start rotation angle and end rotation angle would be nice. 

Add more fastener types

Expansion and Wedge anchor selection. I am currently putting a round bar in place to keep track of them.

edit:

IFC export

Most other steel drafting packages can provide navisworks with an IFC file. For what? More member info. eg.. Part Mark, Part Type, Weights, Sequencing info, Status info, mainly for me Part Marks. When I'm coordinating with other trades, they don't have a reference to what part they have issues with.  

to be continued...

...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips