AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export data/layout to autocad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dipaolo
1343 Views, 4 Replies

export data/layout to autocad

I need to export a ADS dwg project to autocad. 

I tried exportlayout command but  this doesn't work well and I obtain a empty dwg file.

If I open direclty a ASD file with autocad, all layout are missing.

Any suggestions to resolve this behavior?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
danielledew
in reply to: dipaolo

There is a "Save model as ACIS solid" export command if you expand your Tools panel on your ribbon.

Message 3 of 5
dipaolo

ok. to obtain 3dsolid this is the right way.

but I need to have the same ASD layouts  in autocad with all ASD annotations, dimensions and all views created in ASD from "asd-3dsolid".

Message 4 of 5
danielledew

There is an export layout to model function.Turn on your Menu Bar first (Click on the drop down menu on your Quick Access toolbar and Show Menu Bar), and you'll find it by clicking on File and then Export Layout to Model which will give you your entire layout on a new dwg. Alternatively you can automatically save a dwg when you do your automatic drawings. In the Automatic Generation of drawings dialogue box, under the Options tab, tick Generate files and specify a folder to save the dwg to.

Message 5 of 5
dipaolo

export layout command don't work well directly from ads (ads italian language)

maybe this autocad function don't know ads object.

instead, choosing "save plot" making right click on the layout browser, ads layout is converted as I want.

afther that, Export layout from autocad, generate classic model objects.

thanks a lot

bye danielle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips