Perhaps it's an issue with both products and they aren't responding to one another. But If I try and create some reinforcement drawings from my extensions package. The following error message appears (see screenshot) and I have no idea what to do next.
Can someone please help?
That is the reason why I don't do reinforcement in Revit.
I remember this error. Please try the following:
1) See if the Regional settings are the same for ASD and Extensions
2) Check if the Shapes in Revit are from the same region package as the ones in ASD
3) You should have ASD opened when exporting
4) ASD and Revit should be the same version (2012, 2013)
5) I never managed to export to ASD a family made by me. Only the ones that are default.
My Workflow is:
Make the model in Revit. Print the Foundation Plan, General sections and Formwork plans.
Create sections through elements, export to ACAD, insert as xref in my ASD Reinf. template and make (manual) reinforcing.