AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End plate connection of steel beam to concrete wall

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
haydenwse
4629 Views, 6 Replies

End plate connection of steel beam to concrete wall

I am importing a Revit model into ASD steel and I have some locations in the basement where the steel will be supported by the concrete walls.  How do I do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

1) You can create User defined section for your walls

or

2) Simulate walls with a concrete"plate".

or

3)Make drawings and fake the wall with Autocad lines in Layout.

or

3) If you don't need details, make the model in Revit and export only the steel structure to ASD

Message 3 of 7
jorgeluisgdeaca
in reply to: haydenwse

Please see the video linked by Jacub into "fixin to concrete cored hole" subject.

Message 4 of 7

@ jorgeluisgdeaca Truly it might be helpful but I'd rather to suggest any if I knew what kind of support it would be.

haydenwse Do you have any sample ?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 7
haydenwse

Here is a screen shot of some of the connections I need to detail.  One thought that I had was that I can put a "dummy" W column with the flange flush to the concrete that would form the base for the ASD macros.  After I export to ASD I can select all of the dummy columns and hide or delete. 

is there an easier way?

Message 6 of 7
jorgeluisgdeaca

It's the same situation that shows the video, concrete can't be detailed into ASD steel so you need to simulate it as a "x section"

Message 7 of 7
haydenwse

Thanks.

I guess I will proceed with the idea of the fake steel columns in the concrete walls so I can use the column/beam macros. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips