AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need a work frame?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevms
421 Views, 2 Replies

Do you need a work frame?

Hello All

I am new to structural detailing. I have done the tutorial and i will be starting a new project shortly that i will obviously need to the steel shop drawings. i have a framing plan done in cad and with the column and beams sizes indicated. I was wondering if I really need to creat a workframe.

my plan was to xref the plan in and then place the columns at the grids and then place the beams.

thoughts and suggestions welcomed

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kevms

Your idea sounds like it'll work. There are two ways to put structural shapes in your model.

"Insert by Line" is where you have a line drawn, either in a work frame or just a regular old 2D line,, then when you click on that line you'll get your shape inserted over the entire length of that line.

There's also "Insert by 2 points" where you click the start of your beam or column, then click the end, and the program will insert the shape in between your two clicks.

The 2nd option, "Insert by 2 points" sounds like what'd you need if you're going to use your X-ref.

Let me know if you have any more questions Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Priitl220
in reply to: kevms

If you need to show grids on drawings, then you need a workframe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips