AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diamater character/symbol is missing when I export drawing to DWG.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sonyablade2010
749 Views, 5 Replies

Diamater character/symbol is missing when I export drawing to DWG.

Dear All,

This is how I do the exporting of reinforcement drawing to the *.dwg format: I draw all the rebars, properly put the descirptions and place all the drawing with prefered scale to the layout tab, generally its a A0 paper with plenty of variable scaled drawings. When I try to export a drawing (as *.dwg format) from the layout tab by right clicking the tab with "Export layout to Model", ASD prompts me the location of files where it will be saved. 

But in that saved drawing I noticed that reinforcement diameter symbol/character is missing and instead of phi there is 0 sign which may cause a great confusion to the final user. I'd like to to know whether, Is this the normal way of producing the *.dwg drawings or is there any other more efficient way?

I also would like to know how can I retrieve the phi symbols in front of reinforcements?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: sonyablade2010

What font are you using? An alternate way of inputting the diameter symbol is to hold down the ALT key and on the numeric keypad type 0216. Ø is the result.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
sonyablade2010
in reply to: hwalker

I use the default font settings that ASD assigns, other than that I don't specify any other special font type. 

"An alternate way of inputting the diameter symbol is to hold down the ALT key and on the numeric keypad type 0216. Ø is the result."

Yes that work around works, but does that mean that I have to locate each possible phi symbol and convert it manually ? If so, that is quite long task there should be a more automated way of doing it ? 

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
hwalker

Find and Replace will do it for you.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
sonyablade2010
in reply to: hwalker

Well that find and replace helps to some extent, because it attempts to change the whole "0"s with Phi which is bothersome in cases like "L=130". 

I also would like to know the way that I'm doing it, is that the correct way of exporting drawing to dwg format  or are there any other alternative?

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
hwalker

When you call up the find and replace dialog box at the bottom left is a down arrow. Click on that.

One of the options is WHOLE WORD ONLY so it will only find a 0 and not L=130

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips