AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
rinku.yadav
621 Views, 6 Replies

Database

hi dear

I just want to add some rectangular column database in the ASD, is  there any way so that i can use any excel data import in the ASD FOR THE column data base?

Help would be appriciated.

Regards

Rinku Yadav

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tedmail
in reply to: rinku.yadav

There is currently no way to manipulate the database that I have seen, however you can create your own profiles and name them as you wish and save them in subgroups and such. 

Message 3 of 7

@tedmail wrote:

There is currently no way to manipulate the database that I have seen, however you can create your own profiles and name them as you wish and save them in subgroups and such. 

Do you have any tutorial/document to learn how to make your own profiles and add them?

Message 4 of 7

I have had the best success creating a REGION of the profile complete with all hollowed sections already subtracted.  Then select the create user profile button and select the region.  Make sure you have the naming correct when creating as there is no way to manipulate the database.  You can't rename, delete, modify or update the profile.  Any change to it will require a new name.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ted 

Message 5 of 7

Thank you.

I thought we could manipulate the database in a DB editor.

Message 6 of 7

I had actually gone as far as "replacing" members in the xml files. I had to do this to get some stainless grades also. 

If you try this, make a backup of the xml files first Smiley Happy

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 7 of 7

What interest me is to modify a section name (e.g.: TCAR to Tv)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips