AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Detail views & Section Views In ASD 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
neil.fernandes
2086 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Detail views & Section Views In ASD 2010

Dear All,

Could someone explain How can i create a detial view / Section view. I have created the top / Front / side views. I have also created the part views and BOM for all.

But when i click the Add view(detail) it asks
_RBCS_adddetailview
Define first corner:
Define second corner:
and nothing happens

_RBCS_addcut
Application Error : Unable to retrieve Drawing Manager

Thank you all for your help

Best Regards,
NEIL
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: neil.fernandes

Almost two years later and I am wondering the same thing and finding only this question on the whole internet...  Not good.

Anyone able to make a section view in ASD yet?  I haven't even been able to find a screen shot of one.  But my issues are the same.  Addcut does nothing and neither does adddetailview.  It lets you set it up, but produces nothing.

Any help would be great!

Message 3 of 5
bogdanov.y
in reply to: tedmail

You need to create group in the model and then go to "Positions" select the group which you are created and then right click and select "Attach document" select "Group". And now you can use this command "Add detail view" for example. You need to select object in created grup view.

Message 4 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: bogdanov.y

I have done all of this and only produce a blank viewport that is not able to see anything.  I'll poke around at it again soon and see if I can get it to work.

Message 5 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: bogdanov.y

I did finally get it to work after going through the process a dozen times and making sure everything was set correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips