AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counter sunk Holes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HulelaG
2199 Views, 5 Replies

counter sunk Holes

is there a method of drilling countersunk Holes on ASD and still be shown and Bolts inserted as Countersunk?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tedmail
in reply to: HulelaG

I don't think so and that is a huge problem for getting my architectural approvals.  They see a hex head bolt instead of a countersunk screw and throw a fit.  Even if I have it tagged correctly.

Message 3 of 6
markhubrich
in reply to: tedmail

Same issue here.  I would like to see additional fastener grades also, like... 18-8 for stainless, Grade-8, etc... Plus some anchorage would be great!! Like wedge and sleeve anchors. 

While I'm at it Smiley Tongue tapped holes!!!!

Mark

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 4 of 6
tedmail
in reply to: markhubrich

FYI...  McMaster Carr offers 3D models of screws and such.  I abuse that!

Example:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/91870a638/=eo7grd

Message 5 of 6
HulelaG
in reply to: tedmail

What I do is Specify on the Bolt Discription that the hole must be Countersink and that details comes out on the detail Drawing.

I accept your set screws.

How can I load them to the library of ASD.

this will be seen as 3D solid by ASD and doesn't drill the profile and enter properties of Drilled hole.

Message 6 of 6
tedmail
in reply to: HulelaG

correct...  it mearly saves you the time of creating a 3D model of a flat head screw to start with, which ASD does not do.

But did you just claim to make ASD draw a produce a countersunk hole in the model?  I have not been able to produce that.  Just tag it as so, with the detail wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips