Thank Jakub.Brozonowicz so much

You should wait for Jakub's answer....

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 14 of 16 (219 Views)

Re: Convert connection in ASD to RSA?

11-26-2012 05:30 AM in reply to: gianghiem

Answering on questions ASD to RSA link questions:

1. Link made an automatic placement of elements on space. Some of them like purlinks on rafters are analytically linked but RSA does not confirm it while elements has no common nodes. When it happens (like elements laying on other)  it needs that nodes to be connected by Rigid Link. This is not phisical, the geometrical dependency of displacement between the nodes. Here in such situation it was generated automatically.
  2. I assume that during link definition you left the Plates->Panels check box option OFF (as default). Please try with ON and define the material of plates. Be careful leaving the default structure type as Frame 3D in RSA. With plates it should be Shell.
  3. It seems like the structure is not consistent or unstable. It never is possible to guess by this error. Must be checked. On my simple default test (I assume very close to yours) my structure was full of short elements acting the bended bolts of connections. It might be the geometrical disorders' sign of such linked model.

Jakub Brożonowicz
Valued Contributor
lucis29
Message 15 of 16 (188 Views)

11-28-2012 11:08 PM in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Jakub.Brozonowicz wrote:

Truly said, in case of this kind of connection with brackets, this stiffener is not so important for connection strength.

Jakub, you are right. I've made some tests with other structural program, and there is no difference with the second stiffner.

Please accept my apologies.

Lucian.

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 16 of 16 (183 Views)

11-29-2012 01:46 AM in reply to: lucis29

Thank You, Lucian.

I do appreciate it.

Jakub Brożonowicz
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!