AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a curved and straight pipe.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alz2real
705 Views, 3 Replies

Connecting a curved and straight pipe.

Hello dear professionals. I'm working on a car port design where I have a curved pipe (CHS 60.3 x 3) as part of the roofing structure being held up by another straight pipe (48.3 x 3) at and angle of about 60 degrees. I'm trying to connect both with a "Pipes-pinned" connection. As usual, I'm asked to "RBCT_MMACRO Pick main element:" , and then "RBCT_MMACRO Pick secondary element:". The issue I have is that whenever I pick the curved pipe, I get the following msg: "selected profile does not meet criteria of this type of connection". Does that mean I can't connect a curved pipe with  straight pipe via a pinned connection? I have no problem with the other connection as shown in the attached screenshot.  Dear professionals,  please how do I solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zcsillag
in reply to: alz2real

make the connection manually without macro
Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 4
alz2real
in reply to: zcsillag

Thanks for your response zcsillag. I had to resort to autocad to get this done (see attachment). So, does that mean AutoCAD Structural Detailing doesn't have the flexibility to do this?

Message 4 of 4
zcsillag
in reply to: alz2real

You can do almost anything, but without using macro !

Regards
Csillag Zoltán

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips