AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison between ASD and TEKLA

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
hasibul_hasan
2280 Views, 6 Replies

Comparison between ASD and TEKLA

Dear All

I have found the ASD a very strong tool for Engineers who are working in PEB and Construction industry. Its strong tool for detailling. As I am working as a sales personal I would like to know the strength and weekness of ASD compared with TEKLA? I have been working with Autodesk Products for past 4 years. Now as I got a new product I am very interested about it to promote it in market.

--

Sincerely

Md. Hasibul Hasan

Manager Sales (Software Division)

19/2 West Panthapath (4th Floor),     Direct    : +880-02-8123273~5 (Ext-254)

Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1205,                    Cell        : +8801977476479, +8801716297192
Bangladesh.                                          Email      : hasibul_hasan@globalbrand.com.bd

Web: www.globalbrand.com.bd      Skype     : hasib106

Tel: 8122436,9111200,9133460             Fax        : +88 02 9145687, 9120045

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

hard way, I've tried using ASD the past three years for PEB industry, no luck. Today Tekla is the best tool for this structures. Maybe 2014 release can offer more for us.

Hope this help.

Message 3 of 7

What's PEB?

Message 4 of 7

Hi Cristian, this is Pre-Engineered-Buildings.

There are many shapes for this, Tekla has two- three macross to do it aumotamatically. Similar to Frame Generator, ASD almost have one macro for this.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply. I understand. But Still in my country Price is a issue. So I am promoting this. But It is also dificult to get support from local Autodesk Partners.

Message 6 of 7
lucis29
in reply to: hasibul_hasan

ASD is not very "supported" by Autodesk. There isn't any recent tutorial or Manual.

Message 7 of 7

I think you know the other specific softwares for PEB industry (design+pricing+detail+shop drawings)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips